CBD or Cannabidiol is a natural compound accessed from hemp and cannabis. There are hundreds of active ingredients or cannabinoids available from the cannabis plant but CBD has received a lot of importance currently because of its non-psychoactive nature. THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol is also a compound that reveals psychoactive effects, which is the altered state or ‘HIGH’.
CBD vs. THC
The difference between CBD and THC depends on how it engages with the CB1 receptor. CBD’s binding affinity with the CB1 receptor is low, whereas THC binds strongly. So scientists, term THC to be an agonist of CB1 receptors. THC is similar to anandamide [happiness particles] neurotransmitter that triggers the CB1 receptor to produce joyous sensations.
On the other hand, CBD decreases CB1 stimulation due to THC. It means when you consume marijuana, THC promotes CB1, while CBD regulates the THC impact. The THC action on CB1 receptors gets opposed, thus the THC’s psychedelic outcomes get silenced.
Effects of CBD vaping
CBD vape effects are fast. The general effects experienced include –
- Reduced pain
- Comfort and relaxation
- Enhanced mood
- Less anxiety
World Health Organization has said that CBD is safe but still there is a need for more research to get familiar with the comprehensive benefits and possible uses. However, some users experience side effects when used in high dosage.
- Mild nausea
- Excessive fatigue
- Dry mouth
Maybe you are on prescribed medication, which can interact with CBD. It is wise to discuss this with your doctor.
Health benefits of CBD
According to scientific research, CBD vaping has shown to give relief in different symptoms.
- Epilepsy – Studies reported that seizures got significantly reduced in those struggling with severe epilepsy conditions.
- Insomnia – Deep sleep increases in people suffering from insomnia.
- Anxiety – Research indicates that CBD efficiently treats anxiety and has the potential to treat disorders like PTSD and OCD.
- Psychosis – A great alternative in schizophrenia treatment, where psychotic symptoms can be reduced efficiently.
- Heart disease – CBD has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties, which helps to prevent cerebral ischemia damage, a kind of heart disease that increases the risk of stroke.
- Diabetes – CBD works like insulin and can suppress and reverse the diabetic condition.
- Chemotherapy side effects – Vomiting and nausea are the side effects of chemotherapy, which proved to get treated effectively in a clinical trial.
- Neuroprotective & antioxidative effects – Studies reported that CBD can lessen damages due to hydroperoxide-induced oxidative condition. Extra studies also suggest that CBD has the potential to treat Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Anti-inflammatory effects – Due to CBDs anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive actions, CBD can efficiently treat arthritis and sciatica nerve constriction.
Should you try CBD oil vaping?
Research has revealed that even a healthy person can benefit from vaping CBD oil. If you don’t prefer vaping there are other ways of using CBD like edibles, pills, lotions, creams, and tinctures. Vaping is said to be more effective because inhalation offers great bioavailability. It means more herbs can be absorbed. Research supports the belief that cannabidiol has optimistic effect on different symptoms and conditions.