CBD (cannabidiol) is the chemical compound found in the Cannabis sativa plant. However, CBD is legal in most of the countries because of its medicinal properties. It doesn’t contain any psychoactive elements in it, as a result of which it doesn’t make you feel high or lose your motor skills.
CBD is known to provide immense relief in reducing chronic pain, inflammation, epileptic conditions and the like. So isn’t it an awesome idea to combine the benefits of CBD along with the antioxidant-rich beverage of tea? Here are some simple ways in which you can prepare a cup of refreshing CBD tea right at home.
How does CBD tea help you?
Before getting into the steps about making CBD tea, here is a brief overview of how this drink is going to benefit you. The non-toxic, nutrient-rich cannabinoids in CBD and the metabolism-friendly benefits of tea help you lead a very healthy lifestyle. When you make this drink a part of your regular lifestyle, you will find phenomenal improvements in the overall functioning of your endocannabinoid system (ECS).
Things to take note of
All you need is the right type of CBD product and the right choice of tea to prepare a cup of CBD-infused tea within minutes. Most of the CBD oil products aren’t soluble in milk or water. So, before buying CBD for making tea, you need to watch out for this. Liposomes are the most commonly used choice of CBD to go well along with any type of tea. Yes, these are costly, but don’t think twice before buying these as they can help you make a cup of healthy and refreshing drink every day.
Opt for organic and antioxidant-rich types of tea if you want to get the full benefits of CBD-infused tea in your lives. You can use tea leaves or bags, but it is better to use green teas instead of black teas, as green tea contains more antioxidants and nutrients than black tea.
Process of making CBD Tea
- Tea of your choice
- Milk (full-fat milk preferred)
- CBD product of your choice
- Sweetener (not mandatory, though)
- Take a pan and boil the water well. Once the water has boiled well, you can add the tea (bag or leaf) and brew it as you do for your regular tea.
- Now in a separate pan, take a cup of milk and mix the desired dosage of CBD product in it. Mix the contents well so that they blend nicely.
- Add the mixture of milk & CBD into the pan where you have brewed the tea. Don’t forget to keep stirring continuously, because the CBD can cause the contents in the pan to separate. Continuous stirring will keep the elements together.
- Once the mixture has mixed well, switch off the stove and let the tea to cool down a bit, so that the flavours steep in nicely. Now strain the liquid (if using tea leaves) and enjoy your cup of CBD tea.
- You can add a natural sweetener to your tea if you like.
Some modifications you may like
- When you add the tea leaves or tea bag, you can also add a piece of cinnamon and ginger for added flavours. A slice of lemon can be added too, for a refreshing taste.
- Instead of spending a lot of time and effort in choosing the right water-soluble CBD to add to your tea, you can buy some good CBD tea bags directly from the market. These are healthy and tasty as well.
- You can add a generous spoon of cream to your tea to make it a sinful pleasure, on rare occasions. You can substitute cream with milk as well.